Contribute to the CcpNmr project
We welcome and encourage contributions to the CcpNmr Analysis project from everyone in the NMR community. Examples of contributions are:
- If you spotted bugs which we weren’t aware of, and you have a solution
If you have a script that you want to include as part of the built-in CcpNmr macros
- Create a new plugin
If you have a small program that you want to share with a larger community but don’t have resources for creating your own software-suite
- Add to the source-code
If you want to add a new feature to the current framework
- You have a custom workflow for your analysis, and you want to share as a new tutorial (source-code access not required)
If you want to contribute to the project as a developer with access to the source code, please follow these steps:
- Send us a developer-access request to email@example.com, including a short description of your proposed work
- Wait for our review to avoid any duplicated code, we will then send you some installation scrips
- Create an account on Bitbucket
- Download and install PyCharm Community
- (if needed, follow some tutorials on PyCharm and GitHub procedures)
- Run the CcpNmr installation scripts we have provided
- Create a fork of the project
- Make changes to your copy of the original project, commit and push them
- When you are ready to share your changes, rebase your fork on the latest branch in the original project
- Create a pull request to suggest your changes to the original project.
Macros can also be sent to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contribute to the documentation, please contact us at email@example.com.